The objective of this Quick-Start Guide is to get you started quickly to benefit from your subscription to SureFiz®. For in depth details on how to interact with SureFiz® and how SureFiz interacts with you, please visit https://www.surefiz.com/HowTo. Though the setup is simple, however we highly recommended that you watch a short video for first setup at https://www.surefiz.com/HowTo/SurefizSetup
Please follow the steps in the following order:
Once you have completed the above steps, all you have to do is step on the scale regularly, SureFiz® will care of the rest.
If you have QR scanner on your smart device, please scan the Google Play Store QR code below for Android devices or scan the Apple App Store QR code below for your Apple smart device.
If you don't have QR scanner installed on your phone, you can install QR code and scan the aforementioned QR codes to download SureFiz® App. Alternatively you can tap on Apple App Store icon or Google Play Store icon on your phone and search for 'SureFiz', and download SureFiz® App. Please make sure you "Allow" SureFiz® to send notifications. This is extremely important.
Place the scale on a hard and flat surface and within your 2.4G WiFi network coverage are. Placing the scale on uneven or soft place (on a carpet for example) will not determine your weight accurately.
DO NOT INSTALL THE BATTERIES YET. On the back of the scale, on a label, look for Scale ID; it is a 10-digit long number.
Please note this number, you will need it later in this step.
Through phone Settings connect your smart phone (or smart device) to the WiFi network to which you want to connect your scale. Please note the WiFi must be 2.4 GHz WiFi, it should NOT be 5 GHz WiFi. If you have only one WiFi network and your phone is set on that WiFi you are all set.
1. When you launch your SureFiz app for the first time, the app will prompt you if you’d like SureFiz to send you notifications. Tap allow so you can keep on track! (Fig. 1)
2. To start the process, tap on “Login” and then follow the step-by-step instructions on the screen. (Fig. 2)
3. Login in to the SureFiz® App using your email address and password you used during sign up. (Fig. 3)
4. To validate your identity, a one-time password will auto-fill. If due to some connection issue one-time password is not auto filled, you can also find your one-time password in the email we sent you after completing the signup. After the password auto-fills or you have manually entered it, tap on submit. (Fig. 4)
5. After your account is activated successfully, you will see this success message. Tap on ok. (Fig. 5)
6. In this screen you will see all your information you filled during your signup at the SureFiz website. Only two things are missing, your profile picture and the scale ID. Scale ID can be found on the back of the scale. You can either manually enter it, or scan the barcode on the back of the scale using the camera of your phone. To scan the scale ID, tap on, “TAP Here to Scan”. To allow the camera to scan the barcode, you need to allow the camera to scan. Tap on OK. Scan the bar code as you are taking close picture of the bar code. It will quickly scan. Check the terms and conditions box after reading them. Then Tap on Register.(Fig. 6)
7. You will see the message that you have registered successfully. Tap on OK. (Fig. 7)
8. In this section, you prepare to push your WiFi name and password into your scale. Please make sure that your WiFi signal can reach, where you plan to place your SureFiz scale. Connect your phone to your 2.4 G WiFi by going to your smart phone Settings. Generally, most WiFi routers have two WiFi, one is 2.4 G, and the other is 5G. The 5G WiFi name, by default, has the letters 5G in it. Do not select the WiFi which has 5G written after it. Only pick the 2.4 G WiFi. If you have only one WiFi and your phone is already connected to it, you are already good to go. (Fig. 8)
9. Next, install batteries into the scale. A blinking wi-fi symbol will show up on the scale screen. (Fig. 9)
10. If you have one WiFi network and you are already connected you’re good to go! If the batteries are already installed, remove them and place them back in. If the WiFi symbol on the scale is not blinking, press and hold the black button located in the battery compartment on the back of the scale until you see the flashing WiFi symbol. Please make sure that the WiFi symbol is blinking on the scale screen. (Fig. 10)
11. Now that your phone is connected to the right WiFi and the WiFi symbol is blinking – tap on yes. (Fig. 11)
12. On this screen, your WiFi name will be auto-filled. Enter the WiFi password. Double check the password by tapping on the eye symbol next to your password. Once it’s all in and ready, tap on configure. It may take up to 2 minutes for the WiFi set up. If the WiFi password is correct, and you’re connected to a 2.4G WiFi network you will see a configuration successful message on your screen. You will also see a success ring on the scale screen. (Fig. 12) (Fig. 12A)
Final Step: Now step on the scale barefoot and follow directions on the screen. Always step on the scale barefooted. Tap on Yes! It's done. (Fig. 15B)
13. In case this method of WiFi setting was not suitable to your Network, you’ll see AP Config message popup on your screen. Here another method will be tried. In order to do this, take out one battery from the scale and then place it back and then press and hold the black button in the battery compartment until you see AP next to the flashing WiFi symbol on the scale screen (Fig. 13A). Once this happens, tap on AP Config. (Fig. 13)
14. In the AP Configuration screen. Your WiFi name will be auto filled. Enter the WiFi password. Double check the password by tapping on the eye symbol next to the password you entered. (Fig. 14)
Note: Important note for users of newer Android phones running Android version 10. We have added this instruction for WiFi set up. It’s super simple just tap on confirm and then on AP Configure (Fig. 18) to see this instruction (Fig. Android Version 10). Let’s continue our setup process for rest of the phones makes and models.
15. If all is good, tap on confirm (Fig. 14) and then tap on join (Fig. 14A) and tap on AP Configure (Fig. 15). Then you’ll see a success message on your phone screen (Fig. 16) and a success ring on your scale screen (Fig. 17). That’s it! You’re all set! Welcome to the SureFiz family!
Fig. Android Version 10
Final Step: Now step on the scale barefoot and follow directions on the screen. Always step on the scale barefooted. Tap on Yes! It's done. (Fig. 17A)
For troubleshooting tips and other setup help please visit https://www.surefiz.com/Support
Rasimo Systems is determined to innovate and disrupt the current technology landscape. With products and services designed for everyday life, we are delivering lifechanging technology to benefit everyone.Learn More