The objective of this Quick-Start Guide is to get you started quickly to benefit from your subscription to SureFiz®. For in depth details on how to interact with SureFiz® and how SureFiz® interacts with you, please visit https://www.surefiz.com/HowTo. Though the setup is simple, however we highly recommended that you watch a short video for first setup at https://www.surefiz.com/HowTo/SetUp.
Please follow the steps in the following order:
Once you have completed the above steps, all you have to do is step on the scale regularly, SureFiz® will care of the rest.
Using your smart phone camera scan the Google Play Store QR code below for Android devices or scan the Apple App Store QR code below for your Apple smart phone. It is easy, open the camera and bring it closer to the QR code, as you are taking a close picture of the QR code. Please don’t take the picture, just bring the camera close to scan.
Alternatively you can tap on Apple App Store icon or Google Play Store icon on your phone and search for 'SureFiz', and download SureFiz® App. Please make sure you "Allow" SureFiz® to send notifications. This is extremely important.
Place the scale on a hard and flat surface and within your 2.4G WiFi network coverage area. Placing the scale on uneven or soft place (on a carpet for example) will not determine your weight accurately.
DO NOT INSTALL THE BATTERIES YET. On the back of the scale, on a label, look for Scale ID; it is a 10-digit long number.
Please note this number, you will need it later.
Through phone Settings connect your smart phone to the WiFi network to which you want to connect your scale. Please note the WiFi must be 2.4 GHz WiFi, it should NOT be 5 GHz WiFi. If you have only one WiFi network and your phone is set on that WiFi you are all set. (Fig. Wifi Settings)
Fig. Wifi Settings
1. When you launch your SureFiz® app for the first time, the app will prompt you if you’d like SureFiz® to send you notifications. Tap “Allow” so you can keep on track! (Fig. 1)
2. To start the process, tap on “Sign up” and then follow the step-by-step instructions on the screen. (Fig. 2)
3. After tapping on “Sign up”, you’ll see 4 choices – select the top one. This is for subscribers like you who bought SureFiz® from Amazon (Fig. 3)
4. On this screen, enter your Amazon order ID. You can find Amazon Order ID, also known as Amazon Order number, in your order details, and also from emails from Amazon. After entering the Amazon Order ID, tap on “Verify”. (Fig. 4)
5. After your order ID is validated, answer the prompt about if you’ve received your SureFiz® scale. If you select “No”, the app will ask you some basic questions and then ask you to Sign up after you’ve received your SureFiz® scale. At this time, we assume that you have received the scale, so, tap on “Yes”. (Fig. 5)
6. On this screen, you can either enter your scale ID manually, or you can scan it using your phone’s camera. You can find your Scale ID on the back of your scale. After you’ve entered or scanned the scale ID. Tap “SUBMIT” (Fig. 6)
7. On the Signup screen enter your information and your health management goals! Once you’ve completed entering information, read the terms and conditions, check the box and then tap “Complete Sign Up”! (Fig. 7)
8. After the Sign up is successful, you will see a success message popup! Tap on “Ok” and then login using the email ID and password you entered in the Signup screen (Fig. 8)
9. To validate your identity, a one-time password will auto-fill. If due to some connection issue one-time password is not auto filled, you can also find your one-time password in the email we sent you after completing the Sign up. After the password auto-fills or you have manually entered it, tap on "Submit". (Fig. 9)
10. After your account is activated successfully, you will see this success message. Tap on “Ok”. (Fig. 10)
11. In this section, you prepare to push your WiFi name and password into your scale. Please make sure that your WiFi signal can reach, where you plan to place your SureFiz® scale. Connect your phone to your 2.4G WiFi by going to your smart phone Settings. Generally, most WiFi routers have two WiFi, one is 2.4 G, and the other is 5G. The 5G WiFi name, by default, has the letters 5G in it. Do not select the WiFi which has 5G written after it. Only pick the 2.4 G WiFi. If you have only one WiFi and your phone is already connected to it, you are already good to go. (Fig. 11)
12. Next, install batteries into the scale. A blinking wi-fi symbol will show up on the scale screen. (Fig. 12)
13. If you have one WiFi network and you are already connected you’re good to go! If the batteries are already installed, remove them and place them back in. If the WiFi symbol on the scale is not blinking, press and hold the black button located in the battery compartment on the back of the scale until you see the flashing WiFi symbol. Please make sure that the WiFi symbol is blinking on the scale screen. (Fig. 13)
14. Now that your phone is connected to the right WiFi and the WiFi symbol is blinking – tap on “Yes”. (Fig. 11)
15. On this screen (Fig. 14), your WiFi name will be auto-filled. Enter the WiFi password. Double check the password by tapping on the eye symbol next to your password. Once it’s all in and ready, tap on configure. It may take up to 2 minutes for the WiFi set up. If the WiFi password is correct, and you’re connected to a 2.4G WiFi network you will see a configuration successful message on your screen. You will also see a success ring on the scale screen. (Fig. 15)
Final Step: Now step on the scale barefoot and follow directions on the screen. Always step on the scale barefooted. Tap on “Yes! It's Done”. (Fig. 15A)
16. In case this method of WiFi setting was not suitable to your Network, you’ll see AP Config message popup on your screen. Here another method will be tried. In order to do this, take out one battery from the scale and then place it back and then press and hold the black button in the battery compartment until you see AP next to the flashing WiFi symbol on the scale screen (Fig. 16A). Once this happens, tap on "AP Config". (Fig. 16)
17. In the AP Configuration screen. Your WiFi name will be auto filled. Enter the WiFi password. Double check the password by tapping on the eye symbol next to the password you entered. (Fig. 17)
Note: Important note for users of newer Android phones running Android version 10. We have added this instruction for WiFi set up. It’s super simple just tap on “Confirm” and then on “AP Configure” (Fig. 18) to see this instruction (Fig. Android Version 10). Let’s continue our setup process for rest of the phones makes and models.
Fig. Android Version 10
18. If all is good, tap on “Confirm” (Fig. 17) and then tap on “Join” (Fig. 17A) and lastly tap on “AP Configure” (Fig. 18). Then you’ll see a success message on your phone screen (Fig. 19) and a success ring on your scale screen (Fig. 20). That’s it! You’re all set! Welcome to the SureFiz® family!
Final Step: Now step on the scale barefoot and follow directions on the screen. Always step on the scale barefooted. Tap on “Yes! It's Done”. (Fig. 20A)
For troubleshooting tips and other setup help please visit https://www.surefiz.com/Support
Rasimo Systems is determined to innovate and disrupt the current technology landscape. With products and services designed for everyday life, we are delivering lifechanging technology to benefit everyone.Learn More